Cauli Mac N' Cheese w/ Ground Beef and Broccoli
Makes 4 servings
- 1 steamer bag of cauliflower
- 1 steamer bag of broccoli
- 4 yellow containers of cooked whole wheat pasta
- 4 blue containers of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 lb of 95/5 lean ground beef
- Dash of garlic powder, onion powder and paprika
- Dash of worcestershire sauce (optional)
- Cook ground beef in a skillet until done. About halfway through cooking, lightly season with salt, pepper, and a little garlic powder.
- While the ground beef is cooking, steam broccoli and cauliflower.
- After the broccoli is done cooking separate into 4 servings put in refrigerator until you're ready to eat it.
- Once the cauliflower is done cooking, place it all into a food processor or blender. Add spices, cheese, and a splash of water, then blend. If the sauce is too thick, add a little more water and finish blending until no longer chunky.
- In each of 4 separate containers, add 1 yellow of pasta, 1 red of ground beef, and 1/4 of the sauce.
- When you're ready to eat, add a serving of broccoli. Warm through, stir and enjoy!
This is seriously delicious and doesn't taste like "diet" food at all. The key is making sure that the food still tastes really delicious, and that's where seasonings come in! You don't have to add a ton of butter, oil, etc. to make food taste good.
Let me know if you try this! I'd love to see what other variations people are using, so I can incorporate it into my repertoire.