For the first edition of Maker Monday, I am going to share Christmas ornaments I made for my girlfriends who got married this past summer. Why am I sharing a Christmas-related project? Because if you want to do this, you'll need to remember to hang onto the wedding invitation or program!
You may have seen this type of project floating around Pinterest, I know I did because that's where I got the inspiration for these!
Here's how I made mine:
- Clear ball ornaments
- Wedding invitation or program
- Satin ribbon
- Self-adhesive Rhinestone letter
- Self-adhesive rhinestones
- Thin, round stick or pencil
- Cut the invitation or program into strips. I cut them so that you could read names, location, etc.
- Roll each strip around a stick or pencil. Again, I tried to roll them so that you could read names, date, location, etc. through the ornament.
- Gently remove the metal cap, and insert each rolled strip into the ornament.
- Decorate ornament as desired. In my case, I added either an initial or individual rhinestones to the ornament.
- Replace metal cap and hanger. Add ribbon to the wire holder and tie into a pretty bow.
- Wrap and give!
Easy peasy! And, such a special gift for a recent bride!
INSTAGRAM / FACEBOOK / TWITTER / PINTEREST