What You’ll Need:
- 12″x16″ Frame (I got mine from Hobby Lobby for 50% off.)
- Scrapbook paper
- Scrapbook letters
- Scissors & a ruler or a paper cutter
- Dry erase marker (I use a thin tip marker so the letters are more legible in the boxes.)
1. Cut 30 2″ squares from your scrapbook paper.
Since I am using the calendar for work, I only wanted 6 columns (Monday-Friday and a general weekend column), which leaves room for a “To-Do” space on the right. My calendar has 6 columns and 5 rows.
2. Lay out and tape down your squares
For the white background, I used the backside of the insert that came in the frame.
Starting in the lower left corner, lay out the bottom row of squares. Once you have them spaced how you want, tape down the bottom row. Again starting with the lower left corner square, lay out your first column. Tape the squares down when you have them where you want. Continue doing this until you have all 30 squares laid out and taped down.
*Don’t forget to leave a space at the top for your “Days of the Week” letters.*
3. Add “Days of the Week” Letters
I used letter stickers that were left over from a previous project, so I had to improvise a little bit. I luckily had an M, T, two Ws, F, and an E. Since I only had one T, I used an R for Thursday. To make the backslash for the weekend column, I took a Z and cut off the top and bottom arms. Label your calendar however you want. After all, it is your calendar!
4. Section off your “To-Do” Space
Again, since I was using letters I already had, I didn’t have the letters to spell “To-Do”, but I did have lots of Os and zeros, so I make a little design. I wanted to have a space in the top right corner to right the month, so I sectioned of my “To-Do” space inline with the top row.
5. Put your calendar in the frame and label your month and days with your dry erase marker!
Voila! You now have a custom-made dry-erase calendar.
As a side note, the only item I bought for this project was the frame. I tried to be as resourceful as possible and use paper, stickers, etc. that I already had. The total cost of the project was about $8. What a steal!